Oral presentation guidelines
Presentation length and time keeping
- Please check the program to confirm the time allocated and length of your presentation
- To ensure the program runs to time, please keep your presentation to your allocated time. Your session chair will notify you with 5 minutes, 2 minutes and 1 minute remaining. If there is time remaining at the end or your presentation the chair will direct the questions.
- Please go to your allocated room 15 minutes prior to the start time of the session to meet with the Session Chair (their name will be noted in the program) and familiarise yourself with the room and AV technicians and setup.
Presentation format and slide ratio
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. If you created your presentation using another program, on a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program, we suggest you bring your laptop as a backup.
- Please bring your presentation files to the symposium on a USB (embed any content such as audio or video – do not link to external files).
- The slide ratio for your presentation should be set to 16:9
- There are no facilities for photocopying at the venue. We suggest you bring a copy of your slides and any handouts with you (if desired)
Loading your presentation
- Please load your presentation files to the online folder by COB Friday 27 September 2019.
- A speakers preparation room will be located in Suite 2
- When you register at the venue you will be directed to the Speaker’s Preparation Room (Suite 2). An AV technician will load your presentation on to a central computer and network it to the appropriate room and session.
- Please visit the speaker preparation room at least 2 hours before your scheduled presentation.
- Speakers are to bring their presentation on a USB. Please name your presentation [TIME-DAY-ROOM-INITIAL.SURNAME] e.g. 1145-7OCT-ballroomA-J.Smith
- The speakers preparation room (Suite 2) will be open at the below times;
During your session
- Please be seated in the front row so that you can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation.
- There will be AV technicians roaming between the session rooms to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- At the end of your session the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately. The chair will only ask a question if you have finished leaving time for this purpose. At the conclusion of all presenters in the session any leftover time will be used for questions and discussion.
- We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time.